View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
Thanks for the offer! Wish I could! I might take you up on it this fall though!

You know that tree event you had...reminds me of a Det News/Free Press column writer...she was very popular and very good. I can't recall her name right now..this was a while ago.
She was sitting in her driveway in her car while a storm raged..waiting for it to let up so she could run into the house.
And a tree fell across her car and killed her. A really FREAK thing. ( I tried to find it online, but it is too old).

I have a big packet of seeds of Rudbeckia that I will start up north and get going there. I have tons of outdoor time then.
It is a good way to increase perennials. I do them on the old dock we use as a deck. It is high off the water (back when the water levels were so high) and I can stand next to them and not bend over etc. (like a long table). Easy on the body.

I found some very nice seed suppliers on Ebay. Very reasonable price for huge amounts. So that is where I got mine this season. Depending on my back/leg I might even dig up
some oxeye daisies... and bring them back. This would depend on how many reseeded themselves last season. (the deer don't eat them...it is the only thing the deer avoid).
That's what I should do, sell seeds on ebay.

I was trying all morning to think if rudbeckia are really black eyed susan or purple coneflowers. Dang, my brain! I think BES are coreopsis.....I never was good at remembering that.

I have tons of both tho so come on down whenever.

It was too cold this spring for the seeds to even start outside, and I just got mine out a couple days ago. I had some poppies, salvia and other stuff I'd saved. They're already sprouting.
mrsD (06-09-2008)