View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I nearly bought a lap top yesterday!

I would so dearly love one, and we're expecting an $1800 rebate from our Private Health Fund. The fund I'm in are giving a % of their profits from last year to all their members, and that $1800 will be our share. DH wanted to get me one on credit, and pay if out as soon as our refund arrived.

There are sales on everywhere at the moment here as it's the end of our financial year (June 30) so there are real specials to be got.

The store I looked in had 2MB laptops for 1/3 the normal price, and I was ever so tempted......BUT......we need a new bed. The washing machine is making the most un-natural noises, the car needs a major service, and I would dearly love a few days away to see my long time girlfriends I've not seen in 5 years and more. These 4 ladies and I have been friends for periods ranging from 25-43 years, and they're very special to me; more special than any laptop computer.

DH had me almost out the door to go buy one when sensibility finally struck home! As much as I'd love one, especially with this PC dying a slow but painful death, I know that other things must come first.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (06-09-2008)