View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 11:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Weeble!

You've received some good suggestions here, both pro and con. One more thing to consider, I have a "cyber friend" with MS in a nursing home. He went in while in his 40's -- now 50's. He really dislikes living there since most of the other residents are so elderly, the dining room is noisy with many residents hard of hearing, etc., yelling that can be heard from other rooms, and just the overall depression of so many people dying. One day a certain person is at your table, the next day they're gone.

Just some food for thought. If you could find a place with more younger people, that would be fine. If I was in your situation, I'd try to find a more accessible apartment and hang on to your independence as long as possible. I personally live alone, use a powerchair all the time but have lined up help, ie, cleaning people, hair dresser comes to the house, "Zoomin Groomin" that grooms my dog in their truck in my driveway, a "gardener", etc. Now I can no longer drive so will depend on friends for transportation. There is county-run mini bus transportation available for doctor appointments, etc. if desired. Please -- think carefully before making your decision.

Take care.......

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote