View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by labar914 View Post
Thank you very much to everyone. This is a very encouraging post. The bad results speak so loud, it is hard to here the positive outcomes.

I have been waiting for several years to make the decsion, it keeps getting put off due to the "what if's". This past week I spent a day in the ER because of a bladder/kidney infection, I never knew it because I dont have much feeling during urination due to the disc problems. Didnt even notice till it was so bad I needed IV antibiotics.

I have a spinal surgeon who is scheduling me for lumbar fusion surgery, but needs a repeat discogram, since mine is over 2 years old, to confirm what everyone allready knows is there, unfortunetly we cant find anyone to do that till late July. My only concern is that this surgeon wants to go from the back instead of thru the abdomen which I am told will be a shorter and easier recovery. I do have some calls in for a second opinion at Penn in Philly but havent heard back.

Anyway, thanks again for the encouraging posts.
If i understand you right doing the back fusion through the back is the normal way these days mate, thru the abdomen is an old technique not used anymore from what i know , so it sounds right mate, i wouldn't worry about that, mine was through the back, no problem. If your looking for confirmation about the surgeon, ask around, findout how many ops this surgeon has done and how many were a complete success ??, is there anyone better in the area ?? ...ask nurses who work with these guys , who's the best ??...i did this and not only got the best spinal surgeon in New Zealand, but also the one who does the best stitching up! my scar is very small and healed very well with no infection and that info i got from the nurses who look after the patients when these guys have done there work. ask around mate, it doesn't hurt and people and are always to willing to share their opinion.

all the best bro!
Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)