View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 12:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lyrica

Although my insurance company, Blue Cross/Blue Shield refused to pay for the Lyrica I received a 30 day sample from my Neurosurgeon. Before I began the Lyrica, I was taking 300 mg. of Neurontin 4 x a day.

When I started the Lyrica, I was so drowsy and clumsy. In fact, I fell and messed up my right foot and today I cannot wear a normal shoe. I have to wear houseshoes. Then about a week later, I fell in the bathroom and put a big gash in the back of my head. Needless to say, it was going to cost me $186 a mth and I said no thanks.

I went this past Friday for a cervical and lumbar ESI which hasn't done a darn bit of good and Neurosurgeon mentioned Spinal Cord Stimulator. NS did allow me to try Avinza as my husband had taken it before his 360 lumbar fusion. It did nothing for the nerve pain. So, tomorrow I pick up Rxs' for Lidocaine patches and Tramadol as we leave Sunday for a 7 day cruise to the Virgin Islands.

However, I did receive a phone call from NS's office verifying my address to send info on SCS. O Gawd, I dread having to go to the pyscho office (required by ins co.) having a trial stimulator implanted to see if is would help.

I have Arachnoiditis and 'clumping of the nerve roots at L3-L4' which NS says is inoperable. I've already had Cervical Fusion At C5-C6 on 8/05, Cervical Fusion at C6-C7 with plating over C5-C7 & 6 screws on 11/29/05. On 1/18/06 I had a Lumbar Fusion at L4-L5 (was supposed to be L4-S1, but was autofused at L5-S1).

I'm just not comfortable having the SCS implanted Yet.

Hugs To Ya!
Claudia
claudia029 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote