View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Twink, hope you never need, wasn't there myself when DH re-did our kitchen, but he was really into space and our large kitchen allows my chair anywhere but between table and pantry closet, would love lowered sink and some counters, love having island, would like more accessible outlets and an on island. First floor bedroom, all on one level, bathroom with pull up bars be toilet (Both sides or at least on your good side. Door opening placed so shower spray not going in it and out, no door or curtain needed. If you "google" know one sit gave some info. on handicapped friendly building. My door to deck a bumpy ride, avoid that. Some builders more handicap savvy then others, look for them, work with the right people, buil,ld for worse case scenerion, but hope you never need it. DH talking electric door closer for me, but our house old, ramo out door onto deck makes it almost impossible for me to close and the peeing cats and flies love being in my house. Go into this really thinking and knowing. Do-overs tough. (It's easier to build than renovate).

Bathroom right off bedroom so we leave the large sliding door slid open into wall unless someone coming, Then we shut it and all looks neat. Bill built a ramp off deck so I can go to pool or to get in car. If needed one day, lifts for pool or bed available. I don't weigh much (105), DH strong but still, he's aging too and 105 of "dead" weight pretty heavy.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (06-12-2008), Twinkletoes (06-09-2008)