View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wouldn't it be wonderful, if as soon a s child is born, they take a blood sample, run it through a human genome machine, and POOF, the readout tells you what dominant genes they have, what recessive genes, sensitivity to diabetes, this gene, that gene,

Then the solution is stem cell therapy, and they just infuse the child with all these fighting warriors and the kid has a defense system like nobody else.

Not gonna happn in our lifetime, I know. I long for that day. Maybe in 1000 years.

But what CAN happen in our lifetime is good genetic testing, and the results would give the parents enough info so they can start that kid on good eating habits. Or better preventive care.

I mean, it just seems that our government just doesn't care about our health, (I mean, they still allow cigarettes to be sold and they kill people).

I know it's all about money, but doesn't ANYONE in the government have a conscience? And especially with the rise in Autism, well I'd be scared to death to bring a child into this world.

And I read where they can do pancreas transplants. I know it's only done in severe Type 1 cases. But that's a start.

I long for the day when they can clone new organs, especially pancreases and everybody with diabetes can have their pancreas replaced.

It would be like getting a brand new start.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote