View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 12:40 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Jingle...

I feel terrible that you feel this way. I personally read your posts everywhere I see them. I really do. I don't see them all, I'm sure, but I haven't seen one yet I thought poorly of. Your input is valuable to me all the time, and I mean that.

Thank you for joining in Chemar. I've done it both ways, with the SSRIs and the OTC supplements. For me, currently, I find the herbal route best. St. John's Wart is good. For me, so is this tea I found called Tension Tamer. Of course, it may have St. John's in it, I'm not sure. But it helps.

I think depression, like all mental illness, is as horrible as it gets. They say physical wounds are finite, but emotional ones aren't. I believe it. I live with both, and although the physical is more constant, the emotional side-effects of it are at times worse than the pain that causes it.

People who are feeling depressed so often become reclusive. They need to be made to feel extra-special welcome, but it has to be done honestly. Like Jingle said, nothing's more patronizing than an empty pat on the back.

I care about people who feel bad. I know everyone else here does, too. So we don't have to fake anything at all. I read these posts carefully and respond truthfully when I think I might can help. I won't lie to anyone.

Jingle, you feel free to post anytime. I know the feeling you're talking about, because I've felt ignored, too. Many, many times. Don't let it stop you, though. I know I'm not the only one here who listens to what you say.
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote