View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 12:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Can't get into OBT

When I tried to log in, Wings42 wasn't found. When I tried to register anew, I got the message "The administrator has banned your email address. To contact the administrator click here." I clicked on the link about two weeks ago, asked what the problem was and how to remedy it, and received no response. That feels so like the old OBT. I tried again tonight after reading this thread, but am not holding my breath awaiting a reply.

OBT had two crashes of the old server, and two of the new. The old server problems were quickly remediated, and we were all kept informed. The new server (which I helped pay for) problems were very s-l-o-o-o-o-w-l-y solved and we were not kept informed. In the case of the latest crash, the database wasn't even restored. In any computer dependent business, the IT director would get fired and possibly sued if the database was lost and it took so long to bring the system back up, and if the users were kept uninformed.

As far as I'm concerned, two adages apply:

- "Once bitten, twice shy" and

- "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I'm not a fool, and will not set myself up for the typical OBT abuse and neglect a third time.