View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 08:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was never involved with any politics at braintalk, as most here werent or arent. I didnt even know there were politics, I thought it was a totalitarian state. Sure I am grateful that I had a place to go to when I didnt know anything about PN, and I appreciate most deeply the people who went out of their way to give me advice and just in general took the time to post what they knew. Many times however, I felt like I was back in grade school with the arrogance, and at times just plain meaness of the moderators. I was once threatened with being banned because I said I was sick and was throwing up, another time I was banned for 30 days because I was discussing peripheral neuropathy in the chat room and someone else found it boring and complained. That has nothing to do with politics, its just the way I was treated and I resented it. I wasnt denigrating the people from here that go to both places, Ive made a few posts there since its back up running, what I was amazed at was the almost fanatical devotion to someone who obviously has moved on to other things and the denigration of anyone who posited their view of needed reforms after two major crashes. I understand perfectly why people who contributed money to get it back up and running last time feel the way that they feel. I bet many feel like they bought the Brooklyn Bridge. By the way in a recent thread, an administrator at this site said there was no problem with discussing what people felt that they needed to about Braintalk.
HeyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote