View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 09:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lou,

I sympathize with you completely! I had ACDF C5-7 back on June 22, 2006, and I am still having pain. Two weeks ago I had the RFA test procedure done on the facets at C3/4/5 which didn't give me any significant pain relief. I was disappointed that it did not work because now I still need to find out where the pain generator is. Two days after that test procedure, I started having pain just above my hip and down into my pelvic region, on my left side where they had done the iliac crest donor graft (on 6/22/06) and two hernia repairs (on 7/8/06). It felt just like the same hernia pain I had experienced after the ACDF surgery. I went to my General surgeon who did the repairs on the hernias and he's set me up for an RFA on the ilioinguinal nerve that passes thru all 3 surgery sites and is probably being irritated by scar tissue. A needle in the abdomen just above the hip, is scarey enough in itself, but then to know that the pain will be recreated to ensure they have the right nerve, is a thought that turns my stomach. If you are anything like myself, you want the pain gone, but at what risk? I'm just trying to keep a positive outlook and believe that the procedure will take care of the pain i'm experiencing because the alternative is to live with this pain daily, and that really is not an option in my book!

Also, I've read quite a few posts on another forum where many others have had wonderful success with pain relief for extended periods of time. Occasionally the nerves regenerate and the procedure has to be repeated, but each time it was done there was a longer period of relief.

I go to my PM doc on 10/30 to meet with him about this RFA. Keep us posted on how well it works for you.

Best wishes,

Kim
6/22/06 - ACDF C5-C6-C7
slipnslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote