View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 02:19 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

I really can't sit on the couches anymore...most of the couches really hurt my back and after I'd sat in them for awhile, I would be in pain for a long time...

but the couch was one of my best friends when I was a kid...

many adventures were carried out by/on/over/behind/under the couch...

There were times when I was the captain of an airplane, or space ship and the couch was my trusting aerial companion that I steered and chartered.

It was where my brothers and I climbed the highest mountains and crossed the widest rivers...conquering all foes that stood before us(and behind the couch).

It was where we were stuck in the jungle, treading through the vines, fighting monsters from the unknown...

It was where we laid out our robots and toys and destroyed whole cities with our Godzilla like hands and feet, it was where we put on our capes and flew like Superman and swung like Spiderman...

It was a place on Saturday mornings when we were glued to the TV watching cartoons while we messed it up with our chips and drinks...

it was where we wrestled and fought and where we grabbed the pillows off and had pillow fights...

it was where we expanded our horizons when we pulled off the cushions and crossed the seas in the ocean that is called "livingroom"

it was where we cried after our spankings and fell asleep and finding ourselves being carried into our bedrooms.

it was where we would sometimes fall asleep on only to wake up finding a warm blanket over our bodies

it was where I could hide my bug collections and foods that I hated from my mom until she found them, and the same place for my execution once she'd found them...

it was a place that I could lay my head down, and read, and go into other worlds in my own time...when I was on the couch, time stood still...

there were no monsters under the couch(only the bugs and foods that I hated, although the foods did turned into moldy monsters)

it was one of the last places that I saw my dad peaceful and blissfully asleep...

no, I don't sit on couches anymore...but I love to see my wife blissfully resting, enjoying herself crocheting or enjoying her favorite movies while I bring her her dinner...

I don't need to sit on the couch anymore...but I will always enjoy others on it...

Last edited by who moi; 06-10-2008 at 03:00 AM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (06-10-2008), Alffe (06-10-2008), Curious (06-10-2008), Doody (06-11-2008), FeelinGoofy (06-10-2008), Koala77 (06-10-2008), nohope (06-27-2008), Roseblue (06-10-2008), Twinkletoes (06-10-2008), Wren (06-10-2008)