View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sealass!

Thanks so much for sharing, it's very encouraging. I also did not understand what you meant when you indicated things changed once Schering came along...how were the evaluations done before they came on board (you mentioned objectively) and how were they done after? I guess I am wondering because the report indicated that the improvement was 44% UPDRS but 23% patient-reported quality of life. I take that to mean that when the patient reported it, they felt it was (again, on average) a 23% improvement over where they were before the surgery, but when someone else did the evaluation/ it rose to 44%. You see where the concern is if this is correct.

Also, when you say you got ten years back, do you mean that you feel like you did ten years ago (and if so, you have one heck of a memory!) or that you feel like the surgery extended your life going forward by ten years. Sorry to be so clueless, maybe everyone else knows exactly what you mean but I am not clear on this.

I was also wondering whether you feel that you have progressed at all on the side that received the surgery? And if so, in what way(s), and how long after the surgery did you notice it?

It's so wonderful that you are feeling better, I hope you continue to do well. Thank you again for coming forward to share your experience with all of us.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote