View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Okay, after using this vaccuum for over a week every day...

2 dogs. Only one of them sheds, right?

Every day, three rooms downstairs where the shedding dog hangs out. The canister is FULL of hair! No way the old vac was picking that up or I'd have had to change the bag every week instead of once a month.

Okay, here's another thing. I have 16 stairs. The hose reaches to the top step no problem. I use the turbine, get all the way to the top step, and the crevice tool is hooked right to the wand, so it's with you at the top of the stairs. Genius!

And the thing is a little heavier than my old vac - by about 2 lbs. But it's balanced better so it does not bother my neck and arms - I could never sweep the downstairs without hurting in the last year or two.

The wand/hose is easier to use after a few times. It was stiff at first but it's loosened up now and slides in and out pretty easily. I can get all the dust and cobwebs off the ceilings and ceiling fans, curtains - and the baseboards and trim, louvre door, heat vents, I never had an easy way to get at those before.

I have 9 ft ceilings and am 5' 1" so it was tough. I'm no neat freak and with my arms being bad last summer/fall, things got ugly.

You should see this place now. That in itself made the purchase worth it.
Curious (06-10-2008)