View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, my lady friends who go in their backyards (this is only during the summer and maybe once a month at that), I gather they don't have a problem with alcohol because I've never seen them drunk (but then again, even if you don't see a person, that doesn't mean that that person doesn't drink during the day).

Perfect example is my friend who I only thought drank at night, and now she's begun in the day.

I think the best thing is to drink water!!!!

And when you go to a wedding, just take the champagne and offer a toast and that's it.

But I can definitely see how it can be a problem for a person with an addiction.

Do you know I never knew you could be an alcoholic if you only drank beer??

I thought it had to be hard liquor. Goes to show you how much I know about the subect??

My friend's son only drinks beer. BUT A LOT OF BEER.

And I have a former friend who has a husband of almost 40 years and I've never seen him sober. On any holiday or occasion, he's passed out on the floor with beer cans next to him. Someone remarked to her "do you know your husband has a drinking problem?" and she replied "listen, he works hard during the week, what's the harm if he likes his beer??" Now how to do you reply to a comment like that, especially when the guy is passed out two feet in front of you??

You don't.

I didn't.

I've learned much from this forum. And I thank you.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY