View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face Yes, Joe, you make some good points.

Discussion is good, IMO. Implying that "something is wrong" with people who post at OBT is crossing the line, IMO.

Alot of the behaviors at OBT, I thought were due to the personality issues that the admins had.
For example, my son is a computer "nerd" techie..he makes his living with it
now. So I know many of his friends...over the years, and have a feel for
the "type" it can attract. I can tell you for example the head computer technician at the
huge place I am now temping at could put some of those admins at OBT to
shame. Did you ever see the skits on SNL in the past about the computer guy who comes into the office and denigrates the personel because they are having a snafu? Very familiar to me at least. While we can laugh at the TV, it is another matter when it is you or I who are being shamed. And I also get that shame feeling from this thread.

I personally did not feel comfortable in chats... I visited a few times, and decided it was not for me. But I would not post that I was "stunned" that others chose to do so! I think as a matter of fact that you and I chatted on one of those rare times!? I also had my moments of not posting as often as before while I was sorting out my own feelings and issues.

So the fact remains that we now have a nice new home. Those interested will find this place like OBT was found on Google. I don't think it is necessary to
keep going on and on about disappointments...one has to move on to the more constructive issues. And here it means support and helping.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote