View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 10:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welp, Michigan is FREEZING! I hate Michigan. Hate it hate it hate it!!!! I with it would fall into one of our "great" lakes!

It was 35 when I got up this morning and isn't supposed to get above about 43 today. Thing is, some of the medication I take makes me sweat at night. BUT I'M FREEZING COLD! So what's REALLY bad about that, is I'm cold...and wet...and being cold and wet makes you COLDER, then when the alarm clock goes off, and you have to get OUT of bed, out from under the nice warm down comforter, into the freezing cold bedroom (cuz you have propane heat and your SO refuses to turn on the heat until tis' ABSOLUTELY necessary!) it's HORRIBLE. Brrrrrrr! So I threw on my robe (which is vry, very soft....has to be!), my fuzzy slippers and ran downstairs to stand in front of the woodburning stove which is nice and toasty warm.

Only, my body cannot handle TOO warm or TOO cold. In PT they realized I sense temperature changes so well, that even a SLIGHT one degree change makes a difference for me. So begins the act of "one step forward, or one step back....no, how about a HALF a step forward, two steps the the right, maybe a half to the left?" dance that I do to find the EXACT right position where my body feels comfortable.

Only to have Bailey, my loving little Chow Chow, realize I'm awake and come running down asking to go potty...and I have to move from my "spot" to let her out!

grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
LisaM
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote