View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Good questions all...

Here's the timetable...PN/CIDP onset 3-1/2 years ago. On same meds for 2 years when cancer diagnosis hit me in the face...at same time as dental-decline-this time last year. Cancer surgery this spring and on a Aramotase Inhibitor [post cancer meds] w/no chemo or rads {YEP I AM VERRRRY lucky!} I'd never had a dry mouth syndrome from meds up till-now? Frankly my problems have been mostly the opposite...so why now? Why in Dec 05 prior to all this other fun stuff? There'd been no changes and in a generally stable 'maintenance-mode' w/one severe IVIG infusion reaction a week before the first dental 'Uh-oh', none since that first 'youre leaching enamel' in 12/05 ThankGOODNESS! Would the AI take 4-6 months to institute dry mouth? When a person goes from 3 mini-cavities a year minis/majors.. Plus a crown replacement to 10, well, ya gotta worry!

Only thing I can think of to connect dots is the cancer combined w/the PN/CIDP and the meds reaching a positive potential effect to a negative one. All pharm X checks indicate all the 'stuff' I'm on in combo is 'safe'. Frankly I don't THINK SO TIM! I'm beginning to think that pharm co.s need to do further tests on LONG TERM effects, especially when folks are on other meds...the 'combo' effect is what I'm suffering from and those guys nor the docs don't want to lissen! I'm doing the Flouridex diligently, but ONLY after my surgery..Who needs extra added influences prior to? And occasionaly a Periogard rinse to keep the 'evils' down [weekly?]. More I think on it all, the more I think that the dominoe effect is, well, dominoe-ing on me? There, That's all out. Thank you all Super People - Super spray will be coming up. Today! And MrsD, I've been trying to take your nutri advice, altho, my scare w/too much B-6 is now averted. Balancing the combo of vites is well, interesting. Thanks and Fuzzies to ALL! - j

Janster - EIGHT RC's? YIKES! My new crown was a replacement as the 'root' had gotten well...you know. Billye - Biotene is must be?!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote