View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 12:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default update~*~*

Thank you all for your advice, I swear sometimes I feel like my brain is not big enough to make these decisions! All the emotions get in the way... I wish I had the Hydro!!
After a week or so, I did call the NS. He invited us to visit the ER, I declined, knowing how miserable that is, and I felt certain this was not really an emergency! I just wanted to see him. So, a week or so later, he finally set us up with a Ct scan. Well, about 3 weeks and several irate phone calls later, he finally got in touch with me to comment on the scan. And then, he didn't even have any previous scans on hand to compare with! OMG, I was so PO'd. He then suggested I should just get another done, and bring it to an appointment. Grrr! At this point, about a month has gone by, and the headaches (I am now calling them migraines!) have decreased to about 1 a week. So, I decided to skip the NS, and make an appt with a highly reccomended neurologist in Manhattan (I live in NY). That will be on Nov 7th, I hope he can tell me a good NS to see! I am so done with our current guy, he's such a you know what.
Gavin is actually home from school today, it's cloudy and he woke up at about 5am!! to watch movies! I am in the process of gathering all records, scans, etc (I am such a bad record keeper, I am sure I only have half his scans!). I do have a copy of the most recent scan, and from what I can see (as if I were a neurologist!) his ventricles are alot smaller than they used to be. They used to be pretty big, even when he was just fine. So now, I am beginning to worry about overdrainage, ugh!
Sometimes I wish someone else (like DH! ~yeah right!) could handle the details and let me just concentrate on worrying!!!

Lillian Victoria (Lila)- 7/8/00- 10 days NICU for GBS RDS

Triplets~ 1/15/03 at 28w5d (due to GBS sepsis)

Gavin Michael 3lb2oz -identical- 51 days NICU
^Dylan Scott^ 3lb4oz -identical-d. 2/4/03
Hayden James 2lb12oz -fraternal-54 days NICU

Gavin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote