Thread: Concering dairy
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 07:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So what if casein is not your problem with dairy, nor lactose? There is something in dairy that I seem to react to that is beyond lactose. I can eat the fake cheeses that have casein, no problem. I can also eat ghee, which has all the milk solids removed. I have tested negative for goat dairy with muscle testing, so I haven't ever tried any of the goat dairy products recently, though I love goat cheese!

I went out to dinner recently, and had pork chop marsala at Carrabba's even though they cooked the sauce in butter. I love this dish and couldn't resist. Very soon after, I could feel my sinuses producing mucus and feeling irritated, so I'm definitely getting somekind of reaction from the dairy. It did clear up pretty quickly though.

I'm also curious what the hormone contents of goat dairy are compared to cow dairy, and I'm not talking about growth hormones. Usually, dairy has elevated estrogens and progesterones from the lactating animal. Or, sometimes these hormones are given to animals to produce milk at times they normally wouldn't be lactating. I can't have any introduced female hormones because of my body's tendency towards uterine fibroids. These hormones just make the fibroids grow. Now I'm remembering that I did research goat dairy, and came to the conclusion that I couldn't get around the estrogen/progesterone problem with goats compared to cows.

I really wish I could have dairy again, but I think I'll wait until menopause! I really don't want to have another surgery to remove fibroids if I can help it!

Claire
diamondheart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote