View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 12:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey there.

Anytime I have a "spasm" (I have several names for them, one is too vulgar to post, hehe) I try to relax a bit. On several occasions, I try to 'distract' it. The first thing I usually do is go to a mirrior to make sure it's even moving. Half of the time, what I feel is not even seen by anyone else. I -think- those are my seizures, but I'm not 100% sure.

When it comes to my face in particular, I will actually try to do something with it. I have these weird flutter type feelings in my lips, when that happens I drink something hot (not too hot since I frequently miss my mouth, heh). If it's my jaw, I will go for something cold.

I also (depending on pain) will try to do 'stretches'. Open my mouth slowly, close it slowly. Move my head up slowly, then bend it down slowly (chin to chest), right, left. I do it all slowly to try and relax everything. That seems to have a higher success rate, but it does hurt sometimes, too.

If all else fails, I go hide in the bathroom until it stops. I know that's not much help, but if it's seen by the naked eye, I feel like someone is 'watching' me. I'm alone 99% of the time, too. So hiding is twice as funny for me since I hide from noone. It's just a silly reaction. Like when I know I'm going to have a seizure, I hide in my bedroom closet.

I'm a weird little thing sometimes

I'd say of everything, to try the slow stretches. It's the best way to relax and takes about 2 minutes total. It works well more often than not.

Hope that helps.

~Ellie
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote