Thread: rectocele?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Motors Mommy I understand your anguish!

If you have something protruding from your vagina then it's most likely a vaginal prolapse. Sometimes the uterus drops and you could be feeling your cervix. It sounds yuk, but a uterine prolapse can be fixed temporarily by using pessaries, where-as permanent fixture would require a surgical repair.

Another possibility is that your bladder isn't sitting nicely where it should be, and if that's the answer then you'd be having problems like stress incontinence by now.

A rectocoele is a bit of bowel that bulges out of your back passage after bowel movements and can usually be pushed back in with your fingers. They occur because of stress to the pelvic floor, or as you mentioned, chronic constipation. Surgical repair is the only way I know of to fix that one.

If constipation seems to be your main problem right now, I suggest you speak to your local pharmacist. Maybe a suppository or one of the mini enemas on the market at the moment, would solve your immediate problems.

I had a hysterectomy in my early 30's and because of the heavy lifting I did as a nurse, I had a rectal and vaginal prolapse, and my bladder was in need of repair. These were all fixed when I had my uterus removed.

I think your best bet would be to see your gynaecologist or who ever does that sort of operation where you live.

This is very common with us ladies Motors Mommy, so good luck with yours, and hugs.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (06-11-2008), Motors Mommy (06-11-2008)