View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 05:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

As far as I know, there has been a way to "crack" a password required to boot. I read a post about how to circumvent on another board. I don't want to cite the name unless it's okay with DocJohn; he may know what I'm alluding to .

I don't know if that info. is still applicable, though, with the passage of time and also with strengthening of security (updates and all that).

What your hubby might want to do is install a "keystroke" logger. Is it "spying"? I don't think so. It's his computer and if he's told people hand's-off, they've no business violating his privacy. They're essentially trespassing (sp?) by entering his property/computer.

P.S. Browsers can be removed; it should not have an unwanted effect unless config'd for mail to route delivery via a specific browser.

Also, I'd suggest shutting down completely (and unplugging the surge protector from the outlet) when the computer is not in-use or will not be in-use, say overnight, for instance. A surge protector is a good thing to have, but a HD can still be fried during, i.e., electrical storms, etc., as long as it is connected to surge and surge protector to outlet.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (06-11-2008)