View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face I agree...

I met a seller in person, from whom I bought some glass
cookware (to save on postage and the difficulty in wrapping glass). This was last November. We talked briefly. She wanted to know if I had had any "problems" and so we talked about them. She told me THEN that Ebay was beginning a huge
sweep of removal of problematic sellers. I told her that my complaint was rapidly responded to by Ebay, and it was firm in that something would be done.

Did you know that Neil Entwistle who is on trial now in Mass.
for allegedly killing his wife and baby, had 16 complaints...and was removed in Nov 05 from Ebay? He was defrauding people by taking their money and not sending them what they paid for. I don't recall exactly what it was he WAS offering, but it was some "get rich quick" scheme/software.

I think another scheme there sellers use, is putting up an item for $.99 and charging $50 to ship it. That was my complaint. Only the shipping was $25. I was new to Ebay and naive,
and when my item came A MONTH later and was DOA...there was no recourse. I guess some sellers do that so they don't have to pay Ebay fees on the item.

Now I only look at sellers with common sense things/postings.
I did buy (a bit risky) from a new seller with only 5 feedbacks, but the item was sooooo good (very low price)...I gave it a chance and it worked out okay. I mostly stay in the crystal/mineral/small tools area. Those sellers are good and have been honest. One seller I use is in Australia...and he is really nice and fair. I have also purchased from S.Africa.
Sellers who pack and ship thoughtfully also get a return purchase from me. I give them glowing feedbacks, as well.

I go on the forum there every once in a while... that can be a real experience too! I find Ebay very complicated, and difficult.
Bidding can be very frustrating. Fortunately I am getting the hang now...but it has been tough for me. So I will refrain from selling. I only have 4 crystal pieces finished so far, anyway.

I think one needs a Sixth Sense sometimes on there. Thankfully I have that trait pretty strongly.
(I only choose PayPal sellers).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote