View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
Gosh, Julie....that sounds terrible. I hope you can get it figured out soon so that you know what you can tolerate and what you can't. Do any of your children seem to be this way? I don't know if it's hereditary or not?

Seems like with all the new and different conditions that are prevalent today someone would invent or make products & toys that are hypoallergenic and reasonably priced. I wonder if some of the children dx with ADHD and the like are really just suffering from allergic reactions to common, everyday products?
Those are all really good points. Way back they used to think that chemical sensitivity was from being over exposed to chemicals. But who knows? I would watch the kids and see if they too seem to react to things, even just a bit.

One thing that may help - you can clean a lot of stuff with vinegar, and that shouldn't bother you too much. Dilute 1/2 cup to a gallon of warm water, and you can you that on tile or vinyl floors, painted surfaces, plastic toys, etc.

I do windows and all kinds of stuff with that. I was going to try vinegar instead of carpet cleaner in my Bissell Steam cleaner.

Vinegar kills most germs and bacteria just like the chemicals - with either, you need to keep the surface wet 10 minutes. It leaves no residue like regular cleaners though. It's safe enough to drink but tough enough to disolve calcium deposits if used full strength (like in a coffee pot) and gentle enough for most wall paper.

Since you're MCS, I would still recommend rubber gloves. Even the dirt you stir up could bother you.
momXseven (06-11-2008), tkrik (06-11-2008)