View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 01:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
It's hard and sweating makes me feel yucky.
I sleep on 2-3 layers of doubled over draw sheets and sweat through to the last draw sheet sometimes. No wonder I don't feel rested, this wakes me up several times/night !!
I have an outline of my body on my mattress, but if I bought another mattress, it would do the same thing. I glad there is no smell, which is another weird thing about it. And it evaporates so fast, I think that is why I get the chills so much. I sweat all day & all night long, hot or cold temps, makes no difference. I'm at home almost all the time day after day, but when I get up to bathe, brush teeth, that kind of activity, that brings on a sweat. Mostly it happens for no reason at all....except the REAL reason it happens.
I did some reading and it is the autonomic nervous system that is out of whack, that is what RSD does. Messes with the autonomic nervous system. And that is what controls things like our heart rate, sweating, bladder and digestive system - that may be why tummy always feels so full

daylil- Thanks so much for the idea about the shawl, I'll look into that today. I have tons of those magazines around. I don't go shopping. You're so right when you say how it HURTS putting on and taking off sweaters / jackets. Yesterday I wore both and it was hot! Long sleeves hurt when they touch my arms, hands, but I cover them with lidocaine patches. Even tho they only work slightly they protect my arms from touch. My skin tears easily now it is so thin and can't wear the patches when my skin tears

The sweats get worse for me in cold weather
And also when you said about moving the sheets and lettng in the cold air
I had gone off the only med I take that could cause sweating and it continued..but I can tell you what cuts them down a lot - Xanax. I take it around the clock. It only lasts 3-4 hrs and I take a double dose at bedtime. After 4 hours I wake up wet. Otherwise, I'm drenched all night. My husband is good about peeling off the draw sheets. I had low thyroid 5 yrs before RSD and the levels are fine, but maybe someone else could benefit from having that checked - good thought !
lnteresting about having the nerve cuts stops the sweating. That is a sure way to know if it's meds or the autonom system.
Have a dry day...and try to stay warm those of you in colder climates. If I could send some sunshine and heat your way, I would.
Hope
HopeLivesHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote