View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannet View Post
How do you handle them?? I have them quite often but today is just awful. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but this is truly bring on the tears.
The hardest part is forcing myself not to fight it with other muscle groups because that hurts even more. It takes a lot of discipline, but I have taught myself to relax as much as possible and let it work itself out. It does seem to end faster that way.

Our nature is to resist anything out of our control and in this case, resistance really is futile— and painful!

In a really bad one I literally cannot move at all, for a good minute. I have to force myself to relax and it goes away faster.

Also, if I sit in the same position for more than 10 minutes, any attempt to move will throw me into one, so I try to move often whenever I can.

I even get them when I laugh hard too often. Sometimes it helps to hang my legs over the edge of the bed or to bend way down in a chair so my shoulders are on my knees. Staying flexible has been helpful in doing that.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (06-11-2008), tkrik (06-11-2008)