View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Not alot of good bacteria found in most yogurts

Hi Dave,

I haven't read your other post yet, I'll do so after this one.

First to address your comment about "blaming doctors". No one is doubting that they have done exactly what they have been taught to do. Whether they did it according to textbook or not...... who knows. In your case, it has obviously ignited some other dental problems to now surface. Was the health of your mouth or your over all health conducive to having the procedure done in the first place? I seem to remember you mentioning that you had some health problems. A weakened immune system can definitely have a negative impact on the outcome of any type of oral surgery.

If you stop to think about it, why didn't the first round of antibiotics kill the infection or the second round? Perhaps there is an infection that can't be reached inside of the tooth/teeth and it's set up house in your jawbone? Not to repeat myself......... but root canals do not cure any infection in the tooth because the microscopic canals cannot be cleaned out of infectious bacteria.

What to do........... consult with a dentist who is in the Biological field of dentistry who will look at your dental health along with your overall well being and offer you some treatment options.

As for the probiotics to help restore good intestinal bacteria that is being killed by the antibiotics and your compromised immune system......... most commercialized yogurt contains only a smidgeon if any good bacteria. The reason being is live bacteria die quickly when exposed to heat or varying temperatures. They also die when combined with any type of sweetener. So the combination of the lengthy processing to the additive of sweeteners to the sitting on the store shelf.......... the bacteria cannot possibly survive all that so what you are left with is dead good bacteria and a bunch of sugar and preservatives. Read the ingredients label on the yoplait yogurt....... plenty of sweeteners in there!

Information on Culturelle can be found at culturelle.com and that is the brand name of that product. The Saccharomyces Boulardii can be purchased online or in a health food store and the brand that I use is NutriCology. I personally purchase both of these products at vitacost.com

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
Thought I might bring this back up, rather than start a new thread.

In another thread I mentioned multiple toothaches again. I am frustrated. I do NOT blame my doctors, they are super good people. If a mistake WAS made, it is just human error. No big deal, but I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I eat Yoplait Yogurt every day with "live and active cultures", but my wife wrote down the name of the items you mentioned -- "Culturelle" and "Saccharomyces boularii".

Is there a particular brand of these things to look for? Sorry to be such a pain, I forget so much, but my wife reminded of this post.

Thanks again, Dave
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote