View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 03:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Heidi,

Glad you found us and welcome to the family (although we wish it was on other circumstances).!!!

I have RSD for the past 4 years now in my Right foot/ankle and has moved up my leg and into my lower back adn to the thigh of the "good" leg. So yes mine has spread and I worry about every little ache or twinge or pain that i have , in worries that it could be RSD moving agian. I had an ache adn pain sooo bad in my wrist a couple weeks ago that i thought for sure was it moving to my hands, and i got all worked up thinking how i could handle it not only messing with my feet , and now my hands!! I then just put it out of my mind thinking that if i use it , then it wont set in and if i move it maybe it will go away nad i might have twisted it just right. Which i guess i did because in about 4 days it was gone and normal. But the more i think about it now, i know that i had begingins of carpal tunnel syndrome so i could have flared that up too!!

Im not sure who said this but I wouldnt be worried just yet of it spreading or that this could be. RSD effects the whole body and gives us wierd twinges at any given time andjust lets us know that we are still there and that you cant ignore this!!

I am on Neurontin and i dont have much side effects at all!! im actually maxed out and take 3200mg of it a day( 800mg 4 times a day) and also take morphine and lortab and baclofen. All with out much side effects, the worst is the nausea from the morpine.

has your doc said anything about doing blocks?? That was the first thing i had done when i was diagnosed!!! well was given meds first and then next day was the first block!! Expecilly since you are so early in your diagnosis adn have gotten good results from meds alone , you might wnat to ask about blocks because this can kick you into remission even faster!!!

I also have a blown disc in the same spot and am stubborn too, I have put mine off so long that it has become calcified and almost looks like it shold be part of my sacral bone!! Im not gonna have that touched till i absob. have to!!

Keep in touch and if you have questions, ask away!! i wish i found this site when i was diagnosed!! i didnt find this till i was a year or 2 into this !!

Good luck

Amber
RSD_Angel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote