View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 11:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi BMW,
I tried different meds before being given the choice of trying the nerve blocks. But I found all the meds I tried, had too many side-effects, and some I just couldn't get used to. The worst med for horrible side-effects for me was Topamax. It gave me really bad eye pain, more pain than the ON was giving me in the first place! Besides the drowsiness, nausea and vomiting the Topamax caused, the eye pain was so bad I thought my eye-balls were going to burst! So, I went and had a glaucoma test as soon as I could, but luckily I didn't have it, but then was told I should try another med, because it was likely to develop if I continued with the Topamax for much longer! So, I thought there had to be a better way, so I asked for the nerve blocks, and I'm so glad I did!
I was on the Amitriptyline for quite a while, and it helped a lot with the pain, but the drowsiness and brain fog, was making me too scared to go out much. I barely remember much during that time...Christmas/New Year of '06 was just a blurr to me! lol
Of course, each person reacts differently to various meds, some tolerate them better than other people. But for me, if the med has the side-effect of drowsiness listed, then it's guarenteed to make me drowsy!

~Jaime~

My Poetry Site -
Jaime_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (06-12-2008)