View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 11:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New to Forum

I just discovered this forum and am so excited about it, I was diagnosed with RSD in my left leg only 4 months ago. It progressed very quickly, I've already had several series of nerve blocks, then had a spinal infusion for two weeks. When things continued to get worse, they admitted me to the hospital and within a week I had a permenant spinal cord stimulator implanted. This has helped with a lot of the base burning pain, however it continues to progress, and I've recently started getting symptoms in my other leg. My doctors have told me they've done all they can for me, so I'm just stuck on a whole cocktail of medications, so I'm completely spaced out most of the time and have been starting to lose hope. Reading on the forum has brought a bit of that hope back, i don't feel quite as alienated and alone as I did... This all came on so quickly, I had no injury that triggered it, just woke up one day and it was there. I've had a pretty hard time adapting to "life with RSD." I was a full time student studying nursing and the proud mom of a very active 7 year old boy when this started. I've since had to drop out of school and my doctor's have told me I might want to start making alternate plans for my life because there is a good chance it may never go away, there's just no was to tell... It's great that there is a place like this, where we can share our stories and concerns. It's gotten so hard to relate to people in "real life" because it's so hard for them to understand where we are...
Priaries is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (06-12-2008)