Thread: i'm one of you
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Madison,

It is like you wrote your post for me; there are so many matches in the story! I have been on the mend for 8 months now, after a head injury at work. It has been tough for me as I have been signed off of work ever since. I have a physical job and my boss said it is harder to manage me being there if I am not 100% than covering for my total absence! At first I was cool with this as I was sleeping 18 hours a day. Then I realised that being on my own all day was getting me down so I have started to do 1 hour at a time (not even 5 days a week yet) of community work.

Life has been testing. There is very little social life to speak of anymore I just can't keep up with my friends. I am having to adjust to a new 'normal' which has been allot to get my head around at times. Concentration problems still cause me big issues likewise headaches and dizziness.

As for the tinnitus, that is the sad thing, the audiologist at my hospital said there is no cure just ignore it...easier said than done! I have found a self-help group in the area who have been able to give me LOTS of their little tricks to make it easier to tolerate. The ringing sounds in both ears, and gets louder at night or when I am tired or stressed. Some foods and some painkillers make it worse. The only thing that improves is my level of acceptance. Though on some days I just want to cut my ears off!

All the best and good luck with it

"I vow to lay on my back the rest of the week" ...any reason for this???
Mr Bump is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote