Thread: confused!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 04:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yeah, I was pretty much exactly the same for a few weeks, then as my anxiety decreased, it started to subside.

The visual snow and the floaters are a common partner to dp. If I wake up and it's dark I'm aware that my vision is kind of speckled but it goes away after about 10 minutes. I don't get floaters but I do see stars in my peripheral vision sometimes. The weather definitely has an effect with me too. Bright sun makes things seem more distant and unreal and I prefer a cloudy day. I still have a feeling when talking to people face to face that they're not real and it's hard to concentrate on what they're saying. But I'm fine on the phone so I tend to use that. I have difficulty leaving the house but I make a point to do it atleast once a day so I don't develop agrophobia and just to remind me that the world is still there whether I can feel it or not. I notice differences in my hearing. Certain sounds seem more distant whereas others seem louder than usual. It's all very weird and unpleasant and I'm really looking forward to the end of it but I know dp can be a ***** to shift and I've got some work to do. According to my brother who had it for 2 years I'm making good progress so I'm really hoping to be better by the end of the year. I hope you recover quickly too.
benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote