Old 10-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittesea View Post
Mari,

Have you ever tried one of those noise generators?

They have some that just emit "white noise" that are often used in doctors offices to ensure privacy by blocking sound coming from other rooms.

Then there are other noise generators that play the sound of rain, or ocean waves, or rainforest sounds, or gentle music, etc... I have seen them in the Sharper Image catalog a lot and most of them are reasonably priced (the $40 - $80 range generally).

Fans can produce white noise, so can radios and TV's if you put them on a non-existant station -- but the actual white noise generators tend to do a much better job of actually keeping outside noises out and inside noises in.
Dear Witt,
Is this what you are talking about?
http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-SleepMa...?ie=UTF8&s=hpc

My first husband used to work the night shift and we slept in the day with this machine someone reccommended to him.

I slept with this machine even after we got divorced but at some point I switched to fans.

Lately I have been trying to sleep with no electrical appliances in the bed room. We use battery alarm clocks.
I think that eletromagnetic waves aggravate my teeth grinding.
But I am ready for the noise machine. And I can put in the room as far away from my head as possible and still benefit from it I hope.

Music. Ugh. Distracting.
Thanks for reminding me again to get a noise machine.

Mari