View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
Thanks, Cheryl for your post and for the chart. I had not seen that until now...Wow, Poor guy.

I'm also interested in how the Lawsuit against Biogen and Elan, by Anita Smith's Husband, goes. She is the first person to die from PML and was on Avonex and Tysabri.
I'm anxiously awaiting the results of this trial too, mostly because I want to know if this lady actually had MS or not.

For a long time there was much discussion about whether we can "count" her, because it was alledged that she "didn't really have MS". I'm not quite sure why she wouldn't count anyway , but she had the MS label for quite some time and had been treated with Avonex for yrs.

If not having MS was indeed a factor in her death, ie. she shouldn't have been on immunosuppressants, then I would be very concerned that there are potentially many people who don't know WITHOUT DOUBT that they have MS. Clearly they thought she did . . . And if she did have it, we're back to square one; another MS'er who died from this drug (combined with Avonex).

Cherie