View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy DH and I had an awful fight,

He thinks it's funny how I "picked" an illness that can't be proved in test. MCS doesn't show positive on any kind of blood test or x-ray or any kind of test that Dr's can run so it comes down to watching to see what SX you have and if they come and go when the chemicals are near you and away. Now you can see when the heart rate on O2 levels change with chemical exposure but that doesn't "prove" anything.

Why would I "pick" something so awful that affects everything I eat, drink, breath & touch?
Why would I even want to be sick?
Does DH think it's fun for me to have my throat burn or me to have brain fog so bad that I don't know what I'm doing. Or that I like it when I can't walk straight or how about when my hands hour for hours after using a public bathroom, not to mention having awful headaches from that awful air freshener. Oh and I just LOVE the dizziness and nausea I get almost daily. And the chest pain that I have had a lot of the last few days that has just scarred me. I not happy most of the year with the weather due to my intolerance to heat & cold. I just LOVE the fact that I have really bad memory problems, even lost the first 3 years of my DD's life and LOTS of bits and pieces of childhood memories of all the kids already.

Now he feels MCS is real, we even have friends from 3 years ago that have it, he just don't believe "I" have it. It's "funny" how I have the same thing after a friend has it only if it can't be proved. About 2-3 years after a friend of mine got DX with fibro I did too, fibro doesn't so up on any test and now the MCS.
Oh but I do have endometriosis that Dr's have SEEN, PCOS that Dr's have SEEN, prolapsed uterus that Dr's have seen. But all that isn't an "awful illness".

Why do men have to be this why? I know he's worried, he's upset, he's thinks he has to fix everything and he's can't fix this one, No he's being an *** and is treating me awful.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

Last edited by momXseven; 06-13-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: typo
momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote