Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Mrs D? I have magnesium glycinate and I use to take 400. I had switched from the bad kind oxide of 250. Well since then I have been so constipated cause I know the oxide helps with constipation. So now I have been doing for the past 2 days oxide 250 in the morning and 200 glycinate in the evening. Is this ok?
The amount of magnesium from the oxide is really really small.

I think you can still take your regular dose of glycinate + one of the oxide. The amount absorbed from a 400mg dose of Oxide is about 8mg.(studies measuring blood levels have shown the % absorbed from Oxide) As long as you have normal kidney functions (ask your doctor), it should not be a problem. You do not have to reduce the glycinate form, unless your doctor tells you to.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daniella (06-14-2008)