Thread: New Title
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 09:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lanny

Was that a smirk on your face? Yes we are all settling in. At least some of us. Others are still missing and we aren't sure how to tell them about this one. I figure it would be taken off if we posted this address on the OBT. I feel sure that a lot of people didn't know about this one and are posting where they found people gathering again. I've bounced back and forth, but really like this one.

Now, where were we? Discussing muscle damage I think, I saw a massage therapist for what I thought was to be a one hour massage. That very experienced woman gave me a myofascial massage. She went over every muscle and joint in my body. I was there over two hours. Loved every bit of it. I am a little like Mrs. D. But I don't know why, it just happened. The muscles on my left thigh (outer and inner muscles) and back of the calf are in rigid spasm. I feel as if my leg is twisted. It's been this way for ages. It has just gotten worse. It started some time after knee replacement, I was left with a footdrop on that side. Only a slight one and I never have been able to move that knee like I should. That knee was the worse before the surgery. I can't lay that knee down flat on the table, the knee will not flatten.

I just finished having an MRI of my lumbar spine and sacroilliac joints. I haven't seen them yet. Also had a bone scan of my knee. The doctor suspects the artificial knee prosthetic may be loose and it is keeping the whole area inflammed. After the massage today, I could walk a little easier, but I'm reallllllly sore now. I see the doctor about those tests on Monday. Pray it's not loose. We can live with that, just badly, but can live. I'm planning to have these massages once a week. I know from past experince tha a good massage therapist can work wonders.

Mrs. D- I know I shoudn't take anti-inflammatories but the rheumatologist has me on Indomethecin twice a day for the arthritis. I'm also anemic. Have been for the last 2 months. The rheumatologist knows it and said he was going to wait until the next blood work and see what it shows. I didn't change anything except I stopped B12 today because of the bloodwork on Monday.

Wish I could see Alan's chiropractor too. Glenn ask him if he knows a good massage therapist specifically myofascial.

I've wandered all over the page and wrote a book. Take care all and good luck.
Love,
Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote