View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 10:12 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

Curious

Of course I'd like to think otherwise, but try to place your head where mine is at for a moment. I've been fighting the exploitation of native people for over eight years now - observing it for 50 years.

You have not seen the viciousness I've seen, even from scout leaders, academic professionals, and those who claim to follow the "red road." Tragedies involving natives don't make the news. Ask the family of the man who was dragged to his death behind a truck not long after that incident in Tyler, Texas. The difference there was the kids who killed the Indian man got off with a slap on the wrist because they were "good kids."

Ask the family of "Jane Doe" in OK whose body was found with her full-term baby cut out shortly after Laci Peterson was discovered. No one even bothered to find out her identity or who killed her. She was "just another Indian." Outside of the Indian community, I never heard ANYONE speak of these two cases. When I brought up the subject, no one seemed to care - most blamed it on the Indians for being so "inflammatory."

How is this inflammatory crap? Have you ever seen mainstream society rush to the aid of our native people? Have you ever seen mainstream society mourn for our native people? Have we as a people EVER tried to help them without any strings attached?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just being real.