View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 10:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Corrections

Omigod, Mel, I did not donate $10,000 to JL. If it says that somewhere, please show me, as it's a bad typo if that's what it says. JL told us he had raised $10,000 when he asked us for money after his servers crashed. No, I did not give that much---oh to have such money to donate--would be nice, but no, not me. But I did give generously, by any standards with the belief that money would be used to maintain the site.

MrsD--I'm sorry you think I'm insulting the moderators over there, or "trashing". My post here was mostly because, well, I'm stunned that folks post there and not here, where we are being treated warmly and with respect. I certainly feel safer here, and I appreciate that the moderators here are open, bright, and seem to understand what we are dealing with. My understanding of the moderators "there", was that they were basically friends of JL from Second Life. I could be wrong on that, but I understood that we paid for them to go to California together and "brainstorm". And I have found out, when I did my charity search, that yes, JL did not have to file anything with the IRS because the charity was under $25,000. Still, I started this thread because I was annoyed to have to check both sites to find my friends, and hoped everyone would just stay here. I like this place.

I'm sorry if I said anything shaming that somehow hurt you. That surely was not my intent. But I don't mind shaming JL. I think his behavior, and that of some of his mods, is lacking is simple empathy and conscience. It's just plain wrong, and I have no trouble saying that, but surely, it is not aimed at you, MrsD, so I'm confused at how i triggered this feeling, and I am sorry for somehow doing that.

Joe--I appreciate your message that it's okay to talk about my feelings about OBT here. I'd like to be "over it", but I'm not quite. I feel conned and used.

Mel--about your day at Second Life. It sounds like quite an adventure---a virtual sex club! Who woulda thunk it possible? But Second Life is becoming the next big thing on the internet, and a number of real brick and mortar companies are investing in it, and people are spending real money there. So...did you have fun?

Steve--<<I'm not really sure how crack-addicted one would have to be be to imagine that people with twice one's IQ and six times one's moral fiber would keep coming back to an Internet forum only to be harangued with one's incoherent and nearly illiterate lectures on the sanctity of JL, but obviously a lot of people over there are hitting the pipe very hard>>

You do make me smile. Too bad you're spoken for. All the good ones....

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst

Last edited by LizaJane; 10-24-2006 at 10:27 PM.
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote