View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 10:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Heidi
Oh, you are so lucky your therapy people have that much experience!!!! And a doctor that actually knows about RSD.

I think we all sort of jump to conclusions here with "new" people, because there are SO many people who are being seen by doctors and therapists who don't know that much about RSD. Like the guy who was treating me in the beginning. Everyone here wants other RSDers to get the best treatment. So many of us didn't, or aren't.

With the fluidotherapy, I can see if you could sit with your foot in the machine, it would be relaxing. If you had the sensitivity, it would help you get over it too - if you could tolerate it. For me, it felt ok - it was just on the wrong part of me! LOL.

The insurance I had at the time, I had to pay 40% of each visit, plus they did not cover the fluidotherapy at all, so I had to pay for it myself, on top of the co-pay for the therapy. Now, our insurance has changed, and each visit is $20 no matter how long. Since I go so far to the therapy, they schedule me for 2 hours. We work on stretches and exercises for part of the time, then the rest, they work on treaching me new ways to do things that are hard for me. Everything from putting on a coat, reading a book, brushing my dog, photography, all sorts of things. Pretty cool. I had some diverse hobbies before RSD, and I thought I would have to give most of them up.. but she has helped me adapt to be able to do most of them in some way again.

Wow - $200 per visit. I went to a pain doc that knew a lot about RSD. She was really nice. Went to her for 2nd opinion. She gave a lot of good info that has helped me. After the fact, got bill for about $450. From her BUILDING!!! My insurance would not pay it. A "facilliites fee" because her office was in a hospital. I saw her in what I would call an "office call" but it was billed as outpatient surgery! Her office said all of her patients were billed that way. No help there. The "building" guy said that all doctors in the building's patients had to pay this fee every time they saw that doctor. So - since I cannot afford that - I cannot go back to her.

Heidi... don't be afraid to ask questions.... I promise I won't dominate the replies. I don't normally have time to reply at all! It just so happens that I don't have anything to do at work tonight, which only happens once every 3 months or so! So, you will probably not hear from me very often!

Jules
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote