View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 12:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Frustrated with Doctors...

My husband says "This isn't an episode of House, damnit!"

I know that's what other people feel like... that's what I feel like too.

Sorry... I have to rant. Just got out of my 2nd NVC test and don't feel like I am any further that I was 18 months ago when a dr said hmm you may have TOS, but I don't treat that... I'm a back doctor. EVERYONE is a something else doctor......

I've had Nerve Conductivity Studies done 2x now. First said no compression at ulnar or median nerves. This 2nd one says yes to ulnar nerve now, but no to neurological TOS. BUT unless I'm reading all these websites about TOS completely wrong, TOS can cause problems with the Ulnar nerve... ie: ulnar nerve is a SYMPTOM not the PROBLEM.

So.....
  • Orthopedic diagnoses TOS after strongly abnormal vascular dopplar test and tells me to go to Vascular Surgeon.
  • Vascular Surgeon #1 (name is listed in this forum under Houston) tells me go to PT or we can do surgery if that's what needs to be done. Says that neck pain/headaches is a common symptom of TOS.
  • Vascular Surgeon #2 (also listed in this forum under Houston) tells me to go a neurologist and to get all my tests and send them to me and he'll look at them to see if he'll see me.
  • Family Dr (has never seen anyone who actually had TOS ... and goes "Ooohhhhh that's wierd" when doing the modified Adson test... is the ONLY one to give me muscle relaxers (FLexeril), but ONLY after I called his nurse 2 days after my appt and TOLD him what medicine I wanted to try since the Valium he prescribed didn't do squat.
  • Neurologist #2 tells me to go back to Orthopedic or Vasuclar Surgeon.
  • Orthopedic & Family dr will order the MRI for c-spine, rt shoulder (but neither really know what to do to treat me)
  • Neurologist # 2 assumes I'm going to see Neurologist #3 for neck/headaches (I was referred to Neurologist #2 OR #3, not both).
  • My husband thinks my physical therapist is "googling" his way through my treatment.
Grrrrrrrrrrr these doctors .... I work 10 minutes from the Texas Medical Center... how can there be noone here that can treat TOS?!?!

I don't feel that I even have a doctor now since my Orthopedic essentially refered me off. My family Dr is cool and will prescribe stuff till I find someone who will treat me but has never seen this.... at least he ADMITS it... which is more than most.

So, who do you see between the diagnosis and surgery (if needed).
colleen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote