View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm in Omaha, and we're getting some flooding, but nothing like what Iowa is getting.

Three of the Boy Scouts that were killed in the tornado were from Omaha. The fourth one was from Iowa. Feel bad for all their parents.

The Boy Scout headquarters for this region is about a mile down the street from my house. Their flags are at half staff, and they had a big memorial gathering for the kids in front of their building yesterday. The message board ticker on their sign has messages about the kids on it.

One of the kids that was injured, and still in the hospital, is already starting a fund drive to get the camp rebuilt...and this time they'll be including some tornado shelters!

8 of the Boy Scouts are still in the hospital. The wife of the ranger who ran the camp is still in the hospital. (they lived onsite...his house gone) I guess the ranger's 2 month old baby is fine now. Cant remember if it was hurt or not.

The weather guys are saying the tornado was either a strong EF-2 (EF = Enhanced Fujita scale) or a EF-3. I think they're going to call it an EF-3, one of the news stations is already calling it that.

Hopefully this weather will get better, tornadoes will stop dropping from the sky, and that Iowa will be able to dry up a little bit. I hope the drought is over now. All this rain is getting to be really old. My neighbors basements are flooding everytime it rains! The night of the tornado, one of my neighbor's had her sump pump quit on her...and she had had her basement waterproofed the day before! She still got water in the basement!

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (06-13-2008), Riverwild (06-13-2008)