View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I go to Curves. It is for women only. It uses hydraulics and not weights. It is a 30 minute program but you don't have to do all 30 minutes. What it is is that there are exercise machines and resting spots and you are on each one for 30 seconds. You do what you want on the resting spots. When I started, I could only move my hips back and forth. Now I sort of jog in place. You go through the cycle twice. You can choose just once if you want. What I did was to start out on one. When I did OK with that, I did three days of two cycles. Then I increased to M-W-F of two cycles and T-Th of one cycle. I am now up to two cycles daily. You are weighed and measured once a month. There are no mirrors or cute thin little coaches. Oh, it costs $29/month + a sign up fee. If you have automatic check withdrawal, you can go to any Curves in the nation so you can continue while you are out of town. On my first monthly check, I had lost 3 pounds and 8 inches!!!!!!! My next check is this Tuesday. So wish me luck. They do insist that you get an OK from your Doc first. But this is very low impact. Good luck
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote