View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

my new Drs office is Osteopath based - actually daughter & I see the RNLP but she seems to be well versed on the whole body, alignment and such also.
I haven't had to see her for my TOS stuff yet but I think it should go Ok if I ever need to.
She & the on site PT did well for my daughter- when she was having some back spasms.
[D.O.s bring something extra to medicine:

* Osteopathic medical schools emphasize training students to be primary care physicians.
* D.O.s practice a "whole person" approach to medicine. Instead of just treating specific symptoms or illnesses, they regard your body as an integrated whole.
* Osteopathic physicians focus on preventive health care.
* D.O.s receive extra training in the musculoskeletal system-your body's interconnected system of nerves, muscles and bones that make up two-thirds of your body mass. This training provides osteopathic physicians with a better understanding of the ways that an illness or injury in one part of your body can affect another.
* Osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) is incorporated into the training and practice of osteopathic physicians. With OMT, osteopathic physicians use their hands to diagnose illness and injury and to encourage your body's natural tendency toward good health. By combining all other available medical options with OMT, D.O.s offer their patients the most comprehensive care available in medicine today.

If you are not seeing a D.O. and would like help finding one, you can search our database to find one in your area, or call (866) FIND-A-DO. ]
http://www.osteopathic.org/index.cfm?PageID=ado_whatis

I went to a Physiatrist but he didn't officially call it "TOS".
- his head PT guy was the one that did the actual in depth evaluation
- the Dr did the EMG/NCV test {normal} & ordered the MRI & looked at it {normal for my age}
http://www.aapmr.org/condtreat/what.htm

Last edited by Jomar; 06-15-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote