Thread: Scs experiences
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 12:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up scs

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
I am thinking of getting a scs next month. It of course will be the trial first. This procedure I am going to go to Cleveland Clinic for and the doctor does many of these a year. Still my luck with treatment and doctors like many has not been so good usually resulting in higher pain so I am very nervous. Does anyone have any opinions or experiences they could share?My major pain is inner ankle/foot/calf of left leg. Thank you.
Daniella,

I had the SCS installed on 7-5-07. It worked great! I have regained all the use of my leg since and stopped using all meds up until last sunday. Last sunday one of the wires broke on the leads in my back which caused ne severe pain. They did go back in and fix it and all is good, another thing that I have noticed is that the battery pack gets hot in my left hip and it is bothersom but not painful. It is a lot better to deal with rather than the rsd pain, I recommend going with it if it works for you. I will tell you that the surgery is quite painful. But the relief I got was worth it. However if another lead breaks I will have it removed as I can't keep dealing with the surgery. Please feel free to ask any questions if you have them.