View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 09:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow Thursday.........that really bites.

Is the doctor affiliated with a local hospital ? Do they have a patient advocacy program that you could call and ask for pressure from them ?

Did WC pay for the doctor visit or was it a HMO or private insurance that you have ? If it was your own insurance, I'd call them , they could withhold payment or cancel his check.

I'd be tempted to have a sit in at his office. I'd borrow my young nieces and nephews to come with me and let them run wild in the waiting area while you patiently wait for the doctor to complete the paperwork

I guess before I let the kids trash his office, you could call and leave a message there that if the paperwork is not completed by (insert random date here) June 20th, your LTD will be canceled and you will have no other recourse than to sue him personally.

Do you have a lawyer who could try the heavy handed approach ? It's kind of a tough spot.......if you have been managing without a lawyer, you hate to give up a big chunk of your claim.

Ugh. As if WC and LTD aren't aggravating enough to deal with. you have the doctor complicating things too

Good Luck with this !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thursday (06-14-2008)