View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 09:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RE: Numbskull & Spiritgal.. :)

DEFINITELY 110% better than before surgery! Chronic headaches are non-existent at this point. Woo Hoo! Still having some slight pain issues at the shunt insertion site, but it's to be expected for sure. That much I know. The Percocet was making me nauseous so my NSG said to stop taking it and use Tylenol. Since I stopped, I still get a little bit nauseous, but not as much by far. I guess it's just a matter of giving myself time to recover properly. Doc said not to take it too easy. Move around a lot, so I'm trying. I go back in to see him a week from this coming Tuesday.

Geez this shunt is HUGE compared to the non-programmable valve I have. I bet it's probably 2 or 3x the size... lol..just call me Lumpyhead lol...

Hey, anyone know how this programmable (Medtronic Strata) will handle a roller coaster? I've been dying to go (once I recuperate of course, next year...??), but...I know I went on ALL roller coasters with the old shunt and doc said "and NOW it's not working", BUT in my defense, the old thing was 23 or so yrs old, so wouldn't it be slowing down anyway?? Lol...

My feeling on the coasters is to try it because I don't know for sure. I mean, I'm sure everyone will react differently. I've been able to ride roller coasters so far and it has not given me headaches in the least. On the other hand, I heard programmable valves have this nasty habit of breaking easily?? I'm stuck. On one hand, I want to be able to have fun and I Love 6 flags, on the other hand, I have this hardware now...
KathiDG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote