Thread: Scs experiences
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 12:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've had the scs since Nov. of last year. I love mine. I did have the trial first. My dr. doesn't believe in pain, so I don't even remember him waking me up to see where the leads were. He said he did, but i don't remember. I had it in for 5 days. then it came out. I didn't want it out. Yes your back hurts a bit, but after abt 3 days I was up and putting shoes and socks on and went to a home and garden show. I had been in bed or a wheelchair for over 4 years. I had to wait a month for the perm. Again, don't remember it, but yes, you do have to take it SUPER EASY afterwards. there is no bending, lifting,twising,or anything like that for about 3 months. At first you really don't want to move because your back and butt (for the battery) are pretty sore. My incisions were only a couple of inches long in the back and the same in the butt. The stitches came out after 3 days. No problem healing at all. The hardest part is when you start to feel better, for me it was a couple of weeks, and you still can't do anything. that is when a lot of people have problems. You have to wait for the leads to scar into the back before you can move around like normal. I am now working with my horses again, I'm cleaning the stall, and mowing/ dragging the pastures. Of course, it takes me longer to do all this, but at least i can now do it.

Any other questions, just let me know.

Hugs
Mary
ali12 (06-14-2008)