View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Any Suggestions on a Voice Recognition Program?

A Warm Hello To All!

I am greatly enjoying the very informative threads on this forum! Thanks so much to all contributors!:Thanx:

I have been having progressive nerve/pain/muscle problems in all limbs and find there is much that is far too painful for my hands (and feet) due to neuropathologies.

My neurologist has encouraged me to plan a bit differently for various tasks, including the use of a computer keyboard!

It is actually incredibly painful now to use the keyboard and has become increasingly difficult to feel keys and to properly control muscles.

I will be having surgery on one arm/hand very soon! I need to replace my computer (which I am learning a great deal about here). It is very old now and has been upgraded all it can! It's "time."

I plan to buy a computer (likely a laptop, Melody!) within the next week or two and I also need to install some form of a voice recognition program.. and get right to work at learning to use it!

I have had a few friends suggest "Dragon."

I have had a few others tell me all of the V.R. programs simply are not worthwhile?

I am interested in people's experiences/knowledge/opinions on voice recognition software.

Also, if you know where there's reliable info, I am happy to research it!
I don't mind doing the "work!"

Thanks, in advance, for your time and consideration!

Many blessings to all!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote